Following some enhancements made to the PTX platform Users can now reset their own password using the Forgotten your password option on the login screen regardless of the state of the account. This can be done by going through the following process:
How to reset
1. Browse to the main PTX page https://uk.pt-x.com/ and select the link "Forgotten your password?"
2. On the next screen enter in your email address and click continue. This will send an email direct to your email address.
NOTE: You will have 10 minutes to action this email before the link expires.
3. On the email you receive click the link to take you to the following page. On this page enter in your email address and MFA Code.
NOTE: if you do not use MFA please leave this field blank
4. If you have security questions setup you will be asked to enter these and click continue
5. You will then be asked to update your password and security questions. Put these in and click save changes to commit these.
If you have any difficulties, one of your PTX administrators can perform a password reset for you from the user setup screen.
When entering a password users will now be able to view/hide the value by clicking on the eye icon next to the password field.
Currently, users have 72 hours to create a new password once an email has been sent. We feel this window is too long and potentially leaves PTX vulnerable to unauthorised access. As a result we have shortened the expiry time to 10 minutes. When a link expires, the user will need to restart the process so a new link can be issued to them.
Users must answer 2 of 3 security questions before they can create a new password. The security questions are used in the password reset process. To make it easier for users, we have dropped the requirement for answers to be case sensitive.