Before accessing PTX, ensure that the smart card has been registered at BACS; and the certificates have been installed to the local machine’s certificate store. Do this via the ‘Gemalto classic client toolbox’ utility (supplied by the sponsoring bank).
In order to use a smartcard with PTX, you first need to install the Bottomline eSigner Plugin by following the steps below.
- To login into PTX, click your username displayed in the top right hand corner. You will now be able to select Test Smart Card.
- Click the link Download the installer here.
3. Click Run when the prompt appears.
4. When the Bottomline PT-X SmartCard Plugin Setup opens, click Next.
5 .The setup will now start. When this is complete select Finish.
6. Click the cog symbol and select Internet Options.
7. Select the Security tab, select the Trusted Sites and click the Sites button.
8. Enter the PTX URL - https://uk.pt-x.com - and click Add.
9. Click Close and OK.
10. Once you have updated these settings and completed the necessary installation and setup of the software or plugins, complete the following steps:
- Log out of PTX.
- Clear the cache by selecting Ctrl + F5.
- Log back into PTX.
- Click Test Smart Card again.
- The following screen will be returned.
11. If the SCSigner plugin has installed successfully (when testing the smart card for the 2nd time -with the card inserted), you will be prompted to “Sign Data”.
- Enter the card’s PIN number.
- If the plug-in is successfully installed (and trusted), the card’s encrypted certificate will be displayed (as shown in the example below). Click close. The test is complete.
If the certificate is not displayed (or you are requested to “Download the Installer” again, then network security has prevented successful installation/use of the SC Signer. In this case IT admin assistance will be required.