Before installing, configuring and testing PTX Link, the following prerequisites must be completed:
- Select a computer that is running Windows 7 or later, or Windows Server 2008 or later. Note: Only 64-bit windows editions are supported.
- This computer must have Microsoft .Net 4.7 installed (https://www.microsoft.com/engb/ download/details.aspx?id=40779).
- Access to PTX Connect administrator credentials or the Client ID and Secret for an existing App.
- At least one document profile must be created within PTX Connect.
- In order to use PTX Link virtual printers as a method to upload data to PTX Connect you must install a printer using the Generic / Text Only Driver prior to installing PTX Link.
- In order to use secure cloud printing a service account is required which has permissions to use the required printers.
PTX Link has no specific CPU or RAM requirements above those of the host operating system. Its
requirement for permanent hard drive storage is approximately 40MB for the binary components. Its runtime requirement for hard drive space will vary according to its workload and will high-watermark at approximately twice the combined size of the documents which are waiting for transmission to the PTX connect server.