It possible to specify a retention period within a document profile for the documents held by PT-X
Connect. Requests for access to documents falling outside of the retention period should be directed to the sender.
Any batch of documents which have exceeded their retention period:
- Will appear on the Pending deletion tab of the Outbox.
Please note: The Pending deletion tab is only visible to users with administrator privileges.
- Will be permanently deleted from the PT-X Connect database after a grace period of a further 3 months.
If a document has exceeded its retention period, it will not be visible to the recipient. However, during the grace period, the recipient could contact the sender to ask for a duplicate, which the sender can do using the Print or Download buttons on the Outbox or using the print or download icons on the View document tab.
The default retention period is 6 months but it may be necessary to increase the retention period
depending on a user's business and legal requirements. To extend your document retention period, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To specify a retention period:
1. From the settings options at the top right hand corner, select Document profiles.
2. Select the document profile.
3. Within Defaults, select from the drop down list under Document retention period.
4. Click Save or Update.