PTX requires a secondary level of authentication when logging in. Users have the option for a hardware token, or using the mobile application Bottomline PTX Auth.
The Bottomline PTX Auth app provides a one-time code to give you additional security when logging in to PTX, alongside your username and password.
How to Install the Bottomline PTX Auth
- On your mobile device navigate to the Google Play Store (If using an android phone) or iOS Store (if using an Apple iPhone)
- Search the store for "Bottomline PTX Auth"
- The App should come up in your list as"Bottomline PTX Auth" and the logo will appear as follows:
5. Select the App and click install
6. Once installed you can open the App by clicking open or by navigating through your phone menu
N.B. Please make sure you have your time and date settings on your phone set to automatic.
Having issues finding the App?
Depending on the type of device you are using, email the following link to your mobile device and click on the link to open it:
Setting up your PTX account with Bottomline PTX Auth.
1. When receiving your welcome or password reset email, click the link to set up or reset your account.
2. Enter your username on the first screen, and click continue.
3. On the right hand side the below screen will be shown.
- N.B .Please do not scan the bar code in this example, there will be one on the reset password email you are sent.
4. On your mobile device, open up the Bottomline PTX Auth App and choose one of the 2 options:
- Scan QR Code
- Manual set up
Scan QR Code
- Click Scan QR code (Install App if prompted)
- Point your mobile device camera at the Barcode on the screen until the phone lines up with the barcode
- Enter the 6 digit code that appears on your App into the relevant field on your password reset screen and click verify
If you are using the scan QR code option you will require the relevant barcode scanner App. If one is not installed you will be prompted to install one.
- Click Manual set up on the App
- On the password reset screen, click the Can't Scan the Barcode? option
- On the App enter in your email address that you will use to access PTX into the REGISTERED EMAIL ADDRESS field.
- Enter the Key displayed on the password reset screen in PTX into the SECRET KEY field the app
- Click Link account.
- Enter the 6 digit code that appears on your App into the relevant field on your password reset screen and click Verify.
This will complete the registration of the App for this user. From now on, when logging
in to PTX, this user will be asked for 6 digit code, to be generated from the App.
If using a HSM for submissions – on ‘Send’ the one-time password will need to be entered at this time. However, please only use one code per entry (two entries required).
Each code is only valid for 30 seconds before resetting; if the code displays as red, best to wait until this has changed.