Once you are happy that the card is working correctly and your certificates are present, you can now look at the PT-X software itself. When using PT-X from your PC for the first time you will need to action the following steps:
A. Add the PT-X URL to the trusted websites in Internet Explorer:
1. Select tools (the cog in the top right hand corner of your screen). This will being up a menu.
2. Select 'Internet options'. This is second from the bottom in the list.
3. Click the 'Security' tab.
4. Press 'Trusted sites'.
5. Press the 'Sites' button and add the following URL:
Once the https://uk.pt-x.com URL has been added
6. Click 'Close'.
7. Click 'OK'.
If you are sending a payment through PT-X and the send button keeps reverting to the continue button, this means the PT-X URL has not been added to the trusted sites.
B. Allowing pop ups for PT-X in Internet Explorer:
You may also find an issue with pop ups being blocked. This will be evident as the box to enter your smart cards pin number will not appear.
To allow the pin box to appear, please follow these steps.
1. Select tools (the cog in the top right hand corner of your screen). This will bring up a menu.
2. Select internet options, which is second from the bottom in the list and then you will see the
3. Click the 'Privacy' tab.
You can now do one of two things:
- Turn off the Pop-up blocker by un-ticking the box.
- Add the PT-X URL to the exceptions list.
To add the URL to the exceptions list please follow the instructions below:
1. Click the 'Settings' button.
2. Add the PT-X URL to the pop up exceptions list and click 'Add'.
Once you have successfully added the PT-X URL:
3. Click 'Close'.