NOTE: We recommend that this carried out by somebody in your IT department who has full access to the server and is familiar with your IT infrastructure.
If the account is set to "system user" you cannot and should not log in with these details.
- On the server that runs PTX Drive there will be a Windows service named “Bottomline-PTX-Drive” (or "Drive" as of version 2.2.0).
- Launch Windows services on the server. This can be done by going to start >Search services > Right click on the program named “services”.
- Locate the service named “Bottomline-PTX-Drive” (or "Drive" as of version 2.2.0) right click and click stop.
- The PTX administrator can then reset the account from the Users menu found under Settings within the UI (https://uk.pt-x.com)
- Once the password reset email has been received follow the link to reset the password. After the password has been updated it will take you back to the log in screen, if the account is set to "system user" you cannot and should not log in with the drive account details."
- On the PTX Drive server locate the PTX Drive install folder and rename settings.xml to oldsettings.xml.
- Run the file in the install folder, named ptx-drive.bat (or drive.bat as of version 2.2.0) and follow the instructions to configure the account.
- Configure the settings for Drive, including the new password for the email account being used.
- On successful authentication and jobs completed message, close out of this batch (DOS) window.
- Go back into Window services and start the Drive service.
*Once the password has been reset on the drive server and if this has not already been done, please ask your administrator to contact the support team via the Customer Care Portal to request that the Drive user be enabled to run as a service and not require a password reset.