NOTE: We recommend that this carried out by somebody in your IT department who has full access to the server and is familiar with your IT infrastructure.
- On the server that runs PTX Drive there will be a Windows service named “Bottomline-PTX-Drive” (or "Drive" as of version 2.2.0).
- Launch Windows services on the server. This can be done by going to start >Search services > Right click on the program named “services”.
- Locate the service named “Bottomline-PTX-Drive” (or "Drive" as of version 2.2.0) right click and click stop.
- The PTX administrator can then reset the account from the Users menu found under Settings within the UI (https://uk.pt-x.com)
- Once the password reset email has been received follow the link to reset the password.
- On the PTX Drive server locate the PTX Drive install folder and rename settings.xml to oldsettings.xml.
- Run the file in the install folder, named ptx-drive.bat (or drive.bat as of version 2.2.0) and follow the instructions to configure the account.
- Configure the settings for Drive, including the new password for the email account being used.
- On successful authentication and jobs completed message, close out of this batch (DOS) window.
- Go back into Window services and start the Drive service.
*Once the password has been reset on the drive server and if this has not already been done, please ask your administrator to contact the support team at Bottomline ( email@example.com) to request that the Drive user be enabled to run as a service and not require a password reset.