To upgrade PTX Drive, please follow the below steps after downloading the latest version; this can be accessed via the website' system messages menu. Please seek assistance/confirmation from your IT Support Team, before making changes to any environment.
- Navigate to Services using the Windows Start menu and searching for msc
- Locate the Bottomline-PTX-Drive service (Or “Drive”, if you are upgrading from version 2.2.2 upwards), right-click and select Stop
- Once the service has been stopped, navigate to the installation path of the current build, default path will be C:\PT-X Drive (if unsure of the location, right-click on the Bottomline-PTX-Drive service (labelled 'Drive' as of version 2.2.2) selecting ‘Properties’ which will display the path executable).
Note: Please take a note of any domain credential used within the Log On tab of the service, this will need to be re-applied after the new install is complete.
- Take a backup of the current directory (right-click > Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder). This may be required if proxy settings have been set which the net.properties file can then be copied over (C:\PT-X Drive\jre1.7.0_75\lib)
- When the backup has been completed, uninstall the current version which will remove the configuration files of the current directory.
- Extract the downloaded upgrade file and run/install the DriveSetup.msi.
- Click Next.
- Set the destination folder by selecting ‘change’ if the install path is that other than the default.
- Click Next
- The Logon details can be entered or skipped, if bespoke settings are required.
- Navigate to the install path and run ptx-drive-windows-service.bat (labelled drive-windows-service.bat as of version 2.2.2 ) by double-clicking.
- Enter the required settings as needed.
- On successful authentication and job completion, close the drive-windows-service.bat
- Navigate to Services using the Windows Start menu and searching for
- Locate the Bottomline-PTX-Driveservice (labelled 'Drive' as of version 2.2.2 ), right-clicking and selecting Start.