Requests transmitted and received by PTX Web Forms can be encrypted and encoded using a shared secret for secure data transmission and tamper-proof communication.
Shared secret is set up when a vendor signs up for PTX Web Forms
Note: Encoding is optional for Direct Debit Application, Paperless / Agency Direct Debit Application and Payment Request forms.
To encode a request:
- Log in to the Client Portal.
- Under Web forms, select Encode.
- The Encode screen is displayed.
- Enter the request in the box, and then click Encode.
- The encoded request is displayed.
- To decode the request, click Decode.