SWIFT Onboarding Guide
Onboarding guide for a SWIFT bank account
In order for you to view your statements within PTX Account Visibility, there are some pre-requisites to be agreed with your sponsoring bank.
To utilise PTX Account Visibility, the system requires your end of day statements to be delivered via the SWIFT network from your sponsoring bank. In order to achieve this, it is necessary that you contact your relationship manager at each of the banks you hold accounts with which you wish to view within PTX Account Visibility.
Please note that Bottomline cannot carry out this activity on your behalf as the relationship is between yourself and the bank and not Bottomline as a third party.
At the meeting with the bank it will be necessary to inform them of the below:
- Your unique Business Identifier Code (BIC) which is detailed on your Account Visibility Welcome Email
- You are interested in receiving MT940 end of day statements via the SWIFT FIN network
- The accounts that you hold with that bank that you wish to receive statements in this way
- That you will be using the Bottomline SWIFT Bureau to receive these statements
- Request a quote and their contract so you can review their terms and costs
Your dedicated Bottomline project coordinator will also be able to cover off any open questions that the bank may have at this stage, as well as advising on a target start date when you wish the SWIFT statements to be available.
Once you have received and reviewed the bank(s) contract, costs and their subsequent acceptance, please inform your Bottomline project coordinator. They will then arrange for the required configuration to be completed to enable you to view your statements in Account Visibility. Your project coordinator will notify you once this has been completed and the next steps.