1. Save the csv file into a file location, e.g. save to the desktop.
2. Browse to where the file is saved, right click this file and click rename.
3. At the end of the file name remove the option.CSV and add .TXT
4. Click OK any warning messages for changing the file extension.
NOTE: If you do not see the option .CSV you will need to enable the view for file extensions within windows explorer
- Once the file has been renamed to a .txt file open up a blank excel document.
- Within Excel click Open > Browse to the location of the TXT file you renamed.
- If you cannot see the file, ion the drop down box next to file name change to All Files.
- Double click the TXT file to open.
- This will launch the text import wizard
- Step 1- Click next on the first screen (option will be set to delimited by default)
- Step 2 – Change delimiters to only show Comma and click next
- Step 3 – Select all columns in the data preview box (Select the first box, scroll to the right, hold shift and click on the last box). Change the data format to text
- Click finish
- Save Excel spreadsheet and an excel document