This guide is to be used if you have remaining payment profiles you require to use PTX Drive after your initial installation session.
1. Log into PTX as a user with administrator permissions
2. Go to the settings icon in the top right hand corner and select payment profiles from the dropdown.
3. Select the payment profile you would like to set up with PTX Drive by clicking on the actions icon and select view.
4. Select the File Import heading. You will then see the screen below with the configuration options for PTX Drive. File Import should already be selected as your data entry method.
5. If you are using PTX Encryption alongside PTX Drive, tick enable encrypted file import.
6. If you require PTX Drive to only import files that match a particular naming convention, update your requirements into only process files that match this pattern. (The default, *.* , means it will accept any file name)
7. If your payment files do not include a balancing record, or it has been removed by the file mapping, select Generate Contras. Please note, this may already have been set up correctly when your file mapping was completed by Bottomline.
8. Tick Allow Imports from Drive
9. Add the file path where PTX Drive needs to collect your payment files from under Watch Folder Pattern. This needs to be a folder location on the server or standalone PC that PTX Drive has been installed on.
There are different options to configure where the file is placed.
- Have a unique folder for each payment file type. If you do not have any naming conventions, it is best to use this option, and use a unique folder location for your files to be collected from. For example, if you use drive for both Payroll and Direct Debits, you may wish to have c:\DataIn\Payroll and c:\DataIn\DirectDebits.
- Have one folder for all of your payment files for Drive to collect. If you use this option, you must have a naming convention set so that PTX Drive can understand which payment files correspond to each payment profile.
10. If you would like your files to be deleted once they have been uploaded to PTX, rather than moved to a different folder location upon successful import, tick Delete local files upon successful upload.
11. If you have chosen to have your bacs messages (for example, AUDDIS, ADDACS and ARRACS reports) downloaded by PTX Drive, and wish for those associated to payments made from this payment profile to download, tick Automatically download bacs messages.
12. When you have entered your required configuration, click save changes. You will then need to restart PTX Drive on your server in order for the changes to be updated.
Once you have restarted PTX Drive, any files placed in the folders you have created and stated PTX Drive to collect from, will be automatically imported into PTX.
Upon successful upload, PTX Drive will create a subfolder called uploaded ad move your payment file into this folder, unless you have ticked the option to delete the local file.