Before accessing PTX, ensure that the smart card has been registered at BACS; and the certificates have been installed to the local machine’s certificate store. Do this via the ‘Gemalto classic client toolbox’ utility (supplied by the sponsoring bank).
In order to use a smartcard with PTX on Edge, you also need to install the Bottomline SCSigner Plugin by following the guide below; https://help.pt-x.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001551772-How-do-I-Install-the-Bottomline-SCSigner-Plugin-for-Google-Chrome
Once the above is completed please see the steps below to configure PT-X for Microsoft Edge
- Log into PT-X then click your username displayed in the top right hand corner. You will now be able to select Test Smart Card.
- This will display the below pop up with instructions, select the link with the text "this Chrome Extension" which will direct you to the Google Chrome store in Microsoft Edge.
- Once you are on the Google Chrome store you may get a pop up to enable Chrome store for Microsoft Edge, allow this then select "Add to Chrome" as per the screenshot below
- Once you have added the plugin and it now prompts "remove from Chrome", complete the following steps:
- Log out of PTX.
- Log back into PTX.
- Click Test Smart Card again.
- The following screen will be returned.
- PT-X should now be configured to work on Microsoft Edge, If you are requested to download the installer/addon again this would suggest network security has prevented successful installation. In this case IT admin assistance will be required by your organisation.